The EQIS Advantage
EQIS is an investing platform that allows investors with as little as $25,000 to get the same advantages that ultra high net worth investors have enjoyed for decades, such as separately managed accounts with multiple institutional money managers, broad diversification, and tax efficiency. The purpose of EQIS is to give all American investors equal access to this type of asset management. Most investors with smaller portfolios have been able to achieve diversification primarily by utilizing mutual funds, which were popularized in the 1920s. But most mutual funds suffer from many shortcomings, such as high costs, hidden fees, and tax inefficiencies, which is why most high net worth investors don’t own mutual funds.
- Multiple Money Managers - The primary advantage of an EQIS account is the ability to have from one up to thirty carefully selected institutional money managers control the investments in your individual account. On your own, finding an appropriate manager can be challenging, and even harder to hire, since many require a minimum investment of $1 million. Based on your risk preferences, investment goals, and time horizon, your EQIS financial advisor can select multiple institutional money managers for you on our platform.
- Global Diversification - An EQIS account enables diversification of your portfolio across multiple asset classes, equity styles, foreign markets, and investment philosophies. It also enables you to change your account allocation or even replace money managers as your goals and objectives evolve. The EQIS technology of share fractionalization enables investors with smaller accounts to achieve institutional level diversification
- Individually Owned Stocks - An EQIS account provides transparency. Twenty-four hours a day, you can see precisely which stocks you own, when they were acquired, how many shares you have, overall performance, gain/loss information, and all the fees associated with the account. Mutual funds by law report their holdings only once each quarter, so you lack visibility into their holdings except when publicly reported. They also generally fail to disclose all of the costs actually incurred.
- Tax Efficiency - Tax efficiency is enabled by the ability to harvest losses on individual holdings. Also, you avoid the potential mutual fund trap of paying taxes on gains that you didn't realize, which is so common it has a name: “embedded capital gains.”
- Transparent Fees - Your fully disclosed monthly fee covers all trading commissions, fees for the money managers, and your financial advisor fees. There are no hidden fees.
- Socially Responsible Investing - With an EQIS account, you have the ability to customize the stock selections including restricting investments in industries, sectors, or individual stocks, frequently referred to as socially responsible or impact investing. For example, you might not want to invest in companies involved in alcohol, tobacco, gambling, or firearms, and each of these categories can be individually excluded from your account.